The Lim Hoon Foundation Scholarship has been providing financial support to outstanding full-time undergraduate students from the Lee Kong Chian School of Business, the School of Accountancy, and the School of Economics at Singapore Management University ("SMU"). The Scholarship is aimed at motivating the students to achieve greater heights of excellence and at providing them with financial support.
Established in 2009, one scholarship was awarded a year till Academic Year 2015-16 and tenable for up to four years of the Scholar's studies, subject to good academic performance. With the Foundation's joint endowed donation with ARA Asset Management Limited ("ARA") in October 2013 of S$1 million, the value of the Scholarship will be increased from $5,000 to $7,500 wef Academic Year 2013-14. Two scholarships was awarded annually in perpetuity from Academic Year 2016-17.
In October 2017, ARA and Lim Hoon Foundation have jointly made an additional endowed donation of S$1 million to SMU. From Academic Year 2016-17 onwards, the value of each scholarship will also increase from $7,500 to $10,000 per annum. An aggregate of 3 scholarships will be awarded annually in perpetuity from Academic Year 2018-19.
Eligibility Criteria +
- Full-time undergraduates.
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Good academic achievements.
- Active CCA and community service involvement.
- Demonstrated financial needs.
Tenure & Benefits +
- The Scholarship is valued at $10,000 per annum wef Academic Year 2016-2017.
- The Scholarship is tenable for up to four years of the Scholar's studies, subject to good academic performance.
- No bond is required under the terms of this Scholarship.
- Internship opportunity may be offered to the Scholar.