The Lim Hoon Foundation Scholarship is available to full-time undergraduate students from the Lee Kong Chian School of Business, the School of Accountancy or the School of Economics at Singapore Management University. The Scholarship is aimed at motivating the students to achieve greater heights of excellence and at providing them with financial support.
Established in 2009, one scholarship will be awarded a year till Academic Year 2015-16 and tenable for up to four years of the Scholar's studies, subject to good academic performance. With the Foundation's joint endowed donation with ARA Asset Management Limited in October 2013 of S$1m, two scholarships will be awarded annually in perpetuity from Academic Year 2016-17. The value of the Scholarship will be increased from $5,000 to $7,500 wef Academic Year 2013-14.
Eligibility Criteria +
- Full-time undergraduates.
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Good academic achievements.
- Active CCA and community service involvement.
- Demonstrated financial needs.
Tenure and benefits of the award +
- The Scholarship is valued at $7,500 per annum wef Academic Year 2013-2014.
- The Scholarship is tenable for up to four years of the Scholar's studies, subject to good academic performance.
- No bond is required under the terms of this Scholarship.
- Internship opportunity may be offered to the Scholar.